It’s no understatement to say that your car’s braking system is critical in keeping you and your passengers safe.
However, brake systems are under constant stress and can be subject to overheating in some circumstances.
If your brakes are feeling not quite right, it could indicate a serious problem with the system. We recommend you bring your vehicle in if you feel like your brakes are:
- Spongy or too soft
- Shaking your steering when applied
- Pulsing up and down when applied
- Shaking your whole car when applied
- Pulling the car to one side when applied
If you have any of these symptoms, we’ll check your braking system for:
- Fluid leaks and the condition of brake fluid
- Damage and wear to brake hose
- Brake shoe/pad and brake drum/rotor wear
- Mechanical and hydraulic function
- Hand brake operation
If your car has ABS (anti-lock braking) then this is also checked.
Our expert mechanical team recommends that you have your brakes checked with every minor or major service, or whenever you feel like there might be an issue. At Elite Service Centre, we will always quote you upfront for work that needs to be completed on your vehicle so you know what will be done and how much it will cost.
For more information about brake faults and repairs, or to book your vehicle in for brake work, simply give our expert team a call today!