You might not know it, but the proper functioning of the cooling system of your vehicle helps to maintain the life of your engine and your car's fuel efficiency.
Cooling systems used in later model cars are more complex and more effective, however if the correct operating temperature is not maintained and corrosive damage not minimised, then this can lead to major repairs.
Some of the symptoms of problems that you may experience with your cooling system include:
- Your temperature gauge slowly - or quickly - rising
- Your check engine light comes on when you’ve been driving for a few minutes
- Leakage of coolant underneath your car
- Any steam coming from underneath the bonnet
When you have your cooling system checked here at Elite Service Centre, we’ll:
- Inspect all fans, hoses and belts
- Pressure test radiator and cap
- Check thermostat operation
- Test functioning of all components
- Test electrical cooling system components
- Inspect parts for corrosive damage
- Flush the cooling system
- Replace coolant
Our expert mechanic team recommend you have your cooling system checked at every minor or major service or if you feel you have a problem with it.
When you bring your vehicle to us for a service or repair, we’ll always quote you up front for any work that we believe needs to be completed; that way you’ll know exactly what we’re going to do and how much it will cost you.
For more information on your vehicle’s cooling system, or to book your car in for a check or service, simply give our friendly team a call today!